Latinx beauty bloggers are ready to turn up the heat with the newest collaboration between Tapatio and HipDot. That’s right, you can now rock the hot sauce on your face! The cosmetics brand is known for its unexpected collaborations, but Tapatio adds a whole other meaning to a “hot commodity.”
Tapatio Foods started in 1971 from humble beginnings and is still a family run business. The hot sauce has become a staple for not just Hispanic and Latinx households but most American households. The hot sauce has had several collaborations with chip companies and restaurants like El Pollo Loco but no one could have expected makeup was next!
HipDot teased the collection on their social media account last week with a photo of an unmarked bottle of sauce pouring over a small black bag and asked fans to guess what was coming. Latinx’s lit up in the comments and wrote, “These Latina eyes know Tapatìo when they see em.” Another wrote, “Stop playing with my Latinx emotions like this! IS IT TOPATÍO?!” Someone also shared that they have a bottle of Tapatío tattooed on the back of their ear.
CEO of HipDot Cosmetics said in a statement, “Tapatío is a household brand that many of us grew up with, so we’re honored to be collaborating on their first ever makeup collection.”
The products in the collection include:
- Tapatío El Dorado Eyeshadow Palette ($14) - The El Dorado Palette includes 6 high pay-offs, soft and buttery shades in brights and neutrals in matte, shimmer, and glitter finishes.
- Tapatío La Diabla Eyeshadow Palette ($14) - The La Diabla Palette includes 6 high pay-offs, soft and buttery shades in brights and neutrals in mattes, matte sparkle, shimmer, and glitter finishes.
- Tapatío Lip Gloss Set ($24) - If you can’t resist the tingling sensation of Tapatio, these glosses are pepper-infused. They come in a set of 5 wearable shades including clear, neutrals, reds, and berries
- Tapatío Drip Sponge ($10) - A red hot non-latex sponge to blend away your problems.
- Tapatío Collector’s Box ($72) The Collector’s Box includes the Tapatío El Dorado
Palette, Tapatío La Diabla Palette, Lip Gloss Set, and the Drip Sponge for a full-flame look. It also includes a bottle of Tapatio hot sauce.
The HipDot x Tapatío Collection is vegan and certified cruelty free. All products are free of parabens, talc, phthalates, petroleum, mineral oil, and other harmful ingredients. The collaboration is available at HipDot.com and ULTA.com in early November.