Theblog Kitchen Swagger has a recipe for a Spicy Margarita that won't let you down. Just one sip of this incredible cocktail and you’ll be ready to indulge in some tacos and recite your favorite Frida Kahlo quotes.
2 ounces silver tequila
¾ ounce honey (or simple syrup)
¾ ounce fresh lime juice
½ ounce elderflower liquor 1-2 slices jalapeño
- For the salted rim, take a lime wedge and coat the rim of a rocks glass.
- Dip in salt, rotating until coated.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the ice) in a cocktail shaker.
- Stir until the honey fully dissolves into the cocktail.
- Add a cup of ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour straight into the old fashioned glass with the (now crushed) ice from the shaker.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Be sure to dissolve the honey into the drink before adding ice. This is to prevent the honey from freezing/clumping when shaking.
- For less heat, don’t shake the jalapeño into the cocktail, only add as garnish and stir.