Meghan Markle is known to be a huge foodie, something she had demonstrated with her Together: Our Community Cookbook project as well as knowledge she’s shown while on Royal Tours she and Prince Harry have done in the past. But prior to becoming The Duchess of Sussex, she had a lifestyle blog called The Tig where she loved to publish and share her favorite recipes with her readers. One such recipe? Her go-to açaí bowl recipe (which we’ve shared below).
Why are açaí bowls like Meghan’s such a popular eat? Simple: they blend countless nutrients that are great for the body with the added element of super easy (and fast) construction. You can literally have a nutrient rich meal within minutes. The açaí berry (used to make the açaí mixture for bowls) is harvested from the açaí palm (a palm that is also harvested for the vegetable Hearts of Palm and other materials).
The palm is a native plant of Brazil, Peru, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago; and is mainly found in swamps and floodplains. The açaí berry has been a staple food of that region since the 18th century, but grew in popularity in the mid 1990s. Check out Meghan’s delicious recipe below!
Meghan Markle’s Favorite Açaí Bowl Recipe
- 1 frozen açaí packet
- ⅓ cup of almond milk
- ½ banana
- A handful of frozen and fresh berries
- Coconut flakes
- Manuka honey
- Bee pollen
- Allow for açaí packet to defrost a little (should be soft enough to blend, but still firm).
- Take a bowl and add açaí packet mixture in and blend with almond milk, banana and your choice of berries to create a thicker açaí mixture.
- Once blended, add desired amount to a serving bowl.
- Proceed to add coconut flakes, more fresh berries, sliced banana rounds, a drizzle of manuka honey and bee pollen.