- Demand of face masks has soared since the coronavirus pandemic, and to fill the void some of your favorite Latinx shops are stepping in.From Frida Kahlo-inspired to ones with the late Selena Quintanilla printed on, stay protected with these fun masks.
View this post on Instagram
Right now there are many of us with dealing with anxiety and fear of what the unknown is. We have to remember what is happening around us is only temporary. Today I was sitting in my studio and thinking of ways to make a positive impact during this time so I will be helping out the elderly people in my neighborhood. I also created this fun mask 😷 to wear! We want to avoid touching our mouth and nose as much as possible, so why not do it in style? Please stay positive ♥️♥️♥️ Disclaimer- masks will not fully protect from any illnesses. Make sure we are still taking all steps necessary including washing your hands and self-isolating.
- Ansel Elgort is posing in his birthday suit for a good cause. The actor stripped down on his social accounts to raise awareness to COVID-19 and redirect followers to the Brooklyn for Life fundraising page on GoFundMe. The money raised will help provide meals to those suffering loss of income due to the health crisis.
- Looking to get in shape for the summer during quarantine? Samsung just announced 5000 hours of free wellness content in six free apps including A-Rod backed Fitplan, which includes some from Latinx trainer Michelle Lewin. Starting today, over 250 wellness videos will be available across the six apps (barre3, Calm, Echelon, Fitplan, Jillian Michaels Fitness and obé Fitness) on Samsung Smart TVs.
- If you’ve been enjoyed the live stream script reading sessions from the cast of Vida and Gentrified, you’ll be happy to hear that the #YCPLiveReads is continuing with more Latinx talent. Academy Award-nominated actor Edward James Olmos has now recruited Jaime Camil, Bruno Bichir, the cast of Queen of the South and many more Hollywood stars for these live read throughs. You can tuned in to the virtual readings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 1pm PST through May 15 via the Youth Cinema Project website or social media with the hashtag: #YCPLiveReads.
- Jennifer Lopez just gave a peek inside her amazing home gym. Oh hey, that reminds us, we should probably think about working out.
- This Prince and Princess are the first royal kids to go back to school as coronavirus restrictions are eased in their country.
- Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith’s 23-year-old daughter Stella Banderas has kicked off a cool new project.
- Although pretty much every major celebrity event this year has been postponed or canceled, the Venice Film Festival is still on. Festival president Roberto Cicutto told Italian news agency ANSA that the 2020 movie extravaganza is going on this September as planned.
- As he self-isolates with his daughters, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has offered up some #girldad parenting advice.
- Jennifer Aniston – who famously reunited with ex-husband Brad Pitt during awards season – is self-isolating, but that didn’t prevent her from sending love to pal Kate Hudson on her 41st birthday. “Happy birthday @katehudson,” she wrote on social media along with photos of the BFFs together. ”Sending you lots of love... Wish I could squeeze you today.”
- Meanwhile, coronavirus has led to Brad Pitt discovering his skills as a TV weatherman and we can’t stop laughing.
- Supermodel Karolina Kurkova is joining forces with baby clothing brand Billie Blooms to make face masks. Each item sold from the the sustainable and reusable Masks for All line will be matched with a mask donation to Feeding America’s food banks in Miami and New York City.
- Dua Lipa is teaming up with Rita Ora and Ellie Goulding for a new track to benefit the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. The trio are going to perform a cover of Times Like These by the Foo Fighters this Thursday on BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge, and have made a video to accompany the cover. “I am so proud that we’ve been able to come together to record this track and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it,” said Dua in a statement. ”Thinking of everyone around the world at this difficult time. Love you all.”
- Ricky Martin has donated PPE equipment to hospitals in need, the first of “many” efforts he will be spearheading. The star teamed up with Project Hope to launch the #HelpFromHome campaign on March 22.
View this post on Instagram
LINK IN BIO .#Repost @rm_foundation ・・・ #Repost @charitystars ・・・ A time for giving. As coronavirus began to spread around the globe, we didn’t think twice. As a fundraising platform, we have a duty to take concrete action to help the hospitals and doctors on the frontlines who are tackling this emergency head on and who are risking their lives to save others. On March 22, the #HelpFromHome campaign was launched together with @projectHOPE and @ricky_martin. Today we celebrate our first milestone: the delivery of medical equipment (PPE) to hospitals in need. This is just the first of many things we are doing thanks to the power of our platform. We are proud to be a part of the @wework community that is helping spread this story as part of the #COVID19CommunityHeroes project. Together we can make a difference in 2020. Help us save lives through the link in bio. #Charitystars #wework
- Kanye West has also stepped up, teaming up with Chick-fil-A to provide 300,000 meals to the homeless in Los Angeles.
- Sex and The City star Chris Noth is the latest star to surprise us with a quarantine makeover. The Mr Big actor posted a picture of himself with a newly-shaved head on Instagram.
London Fashion Week is going all digital – and gender neutral – next season. The British Fashion Council (BFC) has announced that LFW will merge womenswear and menswear shows on the schedule in an online ready-to-wear event that will begin on June 12.